Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Diary of Sorts.

Today I feel like I'm the only person in the world. I went for a walk.

I saw things that looked like people, but I could tell they were mere simulacra of humanity, homunculi.

They moved, and they walked, and they talked, but none of them were real. One of them watered his driveway with an automatic sprinkler.

He was no less automatic than his sprinkler.

I looked into their eyes and saw nothing.

Other apparent adults impeded my trajectory along the sidewalk, but even after acknowledging me, made no attempt to discontinue obstructing my path.

I didn't like them.

I jumped sideways to avoid a collision with a child-thing that was running towards me but was apparently unable to see me.

A car beeped at me for crossing a street along a trajectory that was not precisely perpendicular to the street itself.

It clearly didn't understand Euclidian geometry.

I then purchased various solutions of ethanol in water.

On my way home I passed a house that appeared to have had a rather violent explosion occur inside of it.

Only three exterior walls remained.

No windows. A makeshift plywood floor had been placed inside at a half-floor for reconstructive purposes.

Concrete rubble. I went inside.

It was boring. There were sharp, cutty things. I didn't touch them. It was colder than outside. It was pretty hot outside so I liked it.

I got bored after a while.

After that I walked through a schoolyard on my way home. I used to play baseball there. It was several hours after the school was over, but there were still children.

They were practicing baseball. They screamed.

I don't really mind children screaming.

There's a park behind my apartment building where children like to go and scream, so I'm used to it. It usually wakes me up in the morning, at least in summer. At least it's better than my alarm clock.

I don't like it when the guy down the hall screams, though. He sounds mad and he yells mean things at his girlfriend. He also yells about how much he loves her and why doesn't she love him?. Then there are loud crashy-noises and my apartment shakes.

One time he yelled at her why was she scared of him and that he wasn't going to hurt her. He told her he wasn't going to hurt her so why was she scared? I couldn't hear what she said, but I was scared.

I called the cops once.

Nothing happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment